FilamentPM has provided us with this writeup with some tips to use their PLA+ and woodjet filaments. Enjoy their tips and of course make sure to visit filamentpm.com to stock up on their filaments.
PLA + (polyactic acid) - even easier to print than even before
• Why PLA+? We were looking for a new material with specific characteristics – improved
printing properties compared to standard PLA, even easier to print than even before, with
matte finish. And we have found PLA+. Very good and cool solution for our customers.
• PLA+ is offered in classic White and Black colours. We wanted also to do something special
for our new favourite filament, so we released PLA+ in a special and very cool PASTEL
EDITION – Bubblegum Pink, Banana Yellow, Sweet Mint and Baby Blue. For October 2021
new ARMY EDITION is prepared - Ranger Gray, Dusty Brown, Desert Beige and Woodland
• Diameter: 1,75mm
• 1kg spool
• Colours: Black, White, PASTEL Edition, ARMY Edition
• ARMY Edition will be found also as a Starter pack = 4x 500g spool
Why choose PLA+?
• One of the main features of our PLA+ is that it prints at mere one 195 °C (which is about 15°C
lower than common temperature for a regular PLA): printing at lower temperature has many
advantages, including being able to print steeper overhangs, longer bridges, and getting a
more even surface finish with less stringing and blobbing.
• higher adhesion of layers and impact toughness: PLA+ is tougher than regular PLA. It doesn’t
break as easily and it bends a little before it snaps.
• lower hot melt viscosity = doesn't clog the nozzle: thanks to lower hot melt viscosity while
molten, PLA+ also handles long retractions better than regular PLA, which is also great for
bowden Printers or for using multi-material setups that rely on re-shaping the tip of the
filament before it hardens, such as Prusa’s MMU, Prometheus System or 3D Chameleon.
• the material withstands insufficient cooling of the printer in a warm environment (for
example in the summer months) precisely because of the lower printing temperatures used
and the lower hot melt viscosity.
• PLA+ is suitable for 3D pens, again due to lower temperatures
• The lower extrusion temperature also puts less strain on your hotend and lowers the risk of
clogging by mitigating the need for efficient cooling. Effectively cooling your hotend is an
issue especially if you use a heated print chamber or if you live in a hot climate.
Nozzle: 190 - 210 °C
Heatbed: 60 °C
✅lower printing temperature 195 °C
✅higher adhesion of layers
✅better withstands insufficient cooling of the printer in a warm environment
✅suitable for 3D pens
✅attractive matte finish
• Finally, when we talk about PLA+, we have to mention also our WOODJET – special
compound of PLA+ and sugar beet pulp.
• We, at Filament PM, strive to minimize the environmental impact in the production of our
filaments. Agricultural Cooperative Haňovice, CZ makes it possible for us to use electrical
energy and heat generated by the biogas plant for production.
• We worked on a long-term projects in cooperation with the Technical University of Liberec -
The goal of one of the project was to utilize a secondary raw material of agricultural
production and since we are a member of Agricultural Cooperative, we did not need to
import the secondary raw material (e.g. from abroad), but we used ours – sugar beet pulp.
WOODJET in facts:
• lower printing temperature 195 °C - great for bridging and printing overhangs
• higher adhesion of layers and impact toughness
• wooden look
• Diameter 1,75mm
• 0,5kg spool
Nozzle: 195 - 210 °C
Heatbed: 60 °C
We recommend a nozzle of 0.6 mm and larger.